While the Spring season can be a good time to thoroughly clean the bathrooms in your home, you may not necessarily have time for careful bathroom cleanings. And when time is limited – like when you may be preparing for Easter guests to visit, having a quick clean-up fix for your bathrooms can be invaluable, cutting down your stress levels as you get ready.
So, here are some essential quick-fix bathroom cleaning tips that can help you get your bathrooms ready for visitors in less than 15 minutes:
- Remove the garbage and put away the clutter – First and foremost, get rid of any garbage, clothing or other items that are thrown on the floors, lingering around the sink/tub, etc. This can be a good task for children to help with as you get ready for the next step, which is to…
- Rinse & wipe down the tub and sink – If spraying the tub and sink with water and wiping them down is not removing the unsightly dirt, soap scum and other debris, use a sponge and some non-abrasive dish soap (like Dawn) to more effectively clean these areas.
- Do a quick toilet cleaning – This doesn’t have to take long and generally involves adding soap the toilet bowl, letting it sit for a moment, and then giving it a flush.
- Wipe down the mirror(s) – A quick mirror wipe down can really spruce up a bathroom, and it may even reveal some other dirty spots that you want to pay attention to you before you wrap up your quick cleaning.
- Vacuum or sweep the floor – And don’t forget to get behind the toilet, in the corners, behind the bathroom door(s), and other places where dust and debris can easily build up.
A Few Pro Tips to Help
- Keep all of your bathroom cleaning supplies together, preferably in a caddy so you can get to cleaning (and finishing it up) ASAP.
- Make these quick cleanings a habit. The more often you do them, the faster they can go (as there will be less built up mess/dirt to have to deal with if you are regularly removing it).
Ready for a Longer-Term Solution? Contact Us for a Free Bathtub Refinishing Estimate
When cleaning your bathroom is not enough to mask an old, damaged tub, it may be time to consider refinishing your bathtub to give a fresh look and new life.