This month, we’ve been talking a lot about the do’s and don’ts associated with making bathroom spaces brighter. And while there are some more major things you can do to open up a dark, small bathroom, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to breathe fresh life into your bathroom and invigorate it with a more airy and spacious feeling.
In fact, if you are working with a small budget, here are some of the most cost-effective ways to enlighten a cramped, dull or lifeless bathroom:
- Add some small plants – Spots of green peppered throughout your bathroom can be an affordable way to brighten up any bathroom space.
- Pro tip: If you have limited counter space in your small bathroom, place the plants on the back of the toilet or consider hanging them on the wall. Also, consider getting small succulents, cacti or other low-maintenance plants that will stay green/bright with minimal care.
- Add more mirrors and/or reflective surfaces – Even just two or three well placed mirrors or reflective surfaces can make a smaller bathroom seem more dynamic and open.
- Pro tip: Try to place mirrors and reflective surfaces where they will catch and reflect the most light (including the natural light from windows). This can go a long way to brightening and opening up the bathroom space.
- Change the lighting and bulbs – Changing out lighting features – like sconce covers and bulbs (rather than replacing the entire fixture) – is another cost-effective way to alter the look and feel of a cramped bathroom space.
- Pro tip: Consider using lights/bulbs with dimming features so you can change up the lighting scheme in your bathroom at any point.
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom – Cleaning the dark nooks and corners in your bathroom, as well as the larger features like the tub and mirrors, can really make the room sparkle.
- Pro tip: Consider hiring professionals every month (or every other month) to give your bathroom and its windows a thorough cleaning. That can make it much easier to maintain a clean bathroom, as you may only need to do minimal cleaning to keep the bathroom looking sharp, shiny and bright.
Not Enough to Brighten Your Bathroom? Consider Refinishing the Tile & Tub for Some Extra Shine
When small changes aren’t having a big enough impact on a dull, outdated or stale bathroom space, it may be time to take the bathroom updates to the next level by refinishing the bathroom tile and/or bathtub.
Refinishing costs a fraction of the price associated with replacing tile and tubs, and it can be done within a few days (if not sooner). What may be even more appealing than those benefits, however, is the fact that you can extend the life of your tile and tub for well over a decade by refinishing them.
To find out how much it would cost to refinish the tile and/or tubs in your home, contact us for a free quote by calling (303) 908-8764 or by clicking here. You can also email us using the contact form located here.