When you’re ready to refinish the tile, countertops and tubs in your home (or complete other renovations), hiring the right professionals can be key to ensuring that the job is done properly – and that it doesn’t end up costing you more time, money and stress in the process.
To help you find you the right pros for your next project, here are some essential tips to keep in mind as you decide who to hire:
- Get referrals – Ask family, friends, etc. for recommendations. When looking for referrals, be sure to ask the person who’s providing the recommendation whether (s)he would use that professional or company again and what (if any) negative experiences (s)he had with the pro/business.
- Check licensing and credentials – Once you have a list of options to choose from, do some more digging to find out if the pros/businesses you are considering have the proper licensing and credentials to perform the services they provide. While you can check companies’ websites for this info, it’s also a good idea to verify it with third-party sources (like, for instance, the Better Business Bureau).
- Look at portfolios of past work – As you continue to narrow down your options, check out the prior work each pro/company has completed. Look for before and after pictures. Visit the company showroom (if there is one). Quality, trustworthy, and experienced professionals will have examples of their prior work to share with you.
- Check online reviews – Even if you were referred to a professional or company, checking out additional reviews (like those posted online) can be important to getting the full picture and really understanding how quality (or not) a certain pro/company may be.
- Meet with your top choices – Face-to-face meetings can make all of the difference when you’re evaluating contractors to hire to work on your home. So schedule a meeting with each of your top options. This will not only reveal who is eager to get the job (and available/willing to meet with you and answer your questions), but it can also help you get a feel for who seems more professional and trustworthy.
- Get quotes – When you’ve narrowed down your options to a few contractors or companies, ask each to provide you with a bid for the services/work you want completed. While you, of course, want to look for competitive pricing, be sure to keep an eye out for “value-added” features, like warranties.
Contact Our Denver Bathtub Refinishing Pros for a Free Quote
Are you ready to refinish the bathtubs, tile and/or countertops in your home? If so, contact the Denver bathtub refinishing pros at Colorado Tub Repair for a free quote. Call (303) 908-8764 or email us using the contact form located here.