When you are ready to improve the appearance and durability of your home’s bathtubs, countertops and/or tile, choosing a bathtub and tile refinisher will be your focus – and your choice in this professional can make all of the difference in the results. In fact, if you end up making the mistake of choosing the wrong bathtub and tile refinisher, you could up doing more damage while spending a lot of money in the process.
To help you select the right bathtub and tile refinisher, in this blog series, we will point out some of the most important things to look for in the candidates you are considering. If, however, you don’t have time to do this research, you can be confident that you are working with the best Colorado bathtub and tile refinishers by contacting Colorado Tub Repair today.
Choosing a Bathtub and Tile Refinisher: Here’s What You Should Look For…
1 – Experience
As you start to screen various refinishers whom you may hire to help you with you with your home improvement project, one of the first things to look at is their experience. As you do this:
- Find out how long a professional and/or company has been in the refinishing industry.
- Be aware of how professional that company is. Does the company have professional marketing materials? An informative website?
- Talk to someone at the company to get a sense of how informed they are about the process.
Here, it’s also important to point out that checking out a professional’s/company’s experience when choosing a bathtub and tile refinisher can help you figure out which companies may be more “fly by night” (only around for a few months) so that you can avoid them. Not only will you not get any warranties with these companies, but you also will have no recourse if or when the poor quality of their work product becomes apparent.
2 – References/Reviews
The next step in choosing a bathtub and tile refinisher is to check out their references. While you can call a company and request some references (whom you can then call and talk to about the company), it’s usually easier to check out the testimonials for the company online. These references and reviews can provide some deeper insight to the quality of a company’s work, as well as the level of service they consistently provide.
3 – Portfolio/Examples of Past Work
Checking out a professional’s past work products in things like online galleries or even showrooms is another good idea when choosing a bathtub and tile refinisher. This is because it can give you some positive evidence of a company’s/professional’s work product and skills.
If a company or professional whom you are considering does not have any work samples to let you see, you should probably consider this a red flag, as it can indicate that the company or professional is inexperienced, unestablished and/or unreliable.
4 – Warranty
Does the professional or company offer a warranty?
- If so, ask about the terms of the warranty when choosing a bathtub and tile refinisher. Professionals who stand behind their work tend to offer longer warranties. However, beware of “lifetime” warranties, as these can be outright unrealistic when it comes to certain services/areas of your home.
- If not, this can be another red flag that you may not be dealing with an experienced, reputable or reliable company/professional.
Choosing a Bathtub and Tile Refinisher: Some Final Considerations
5 – Cost
Cost can be an important consideration, especially if you are on a budget and/or you have other home improvements to make. In these cases, it’s important to look for:
- Affordable rates – When choosing a bathtub and tile refinisher, good refinishers and refinishing companies tend to offer competitive rates. If you run into a refinisher on the higher end, take a closer look at what you are paying for; while you may be getting more for higher rates, you may also be dealing with companies that are not “dialed into” to the industry (and that, therefore, may not be the best choice).
- Quality of service – As with many things in life, with refinishing services, you get what you pay for. So, even if you are on a budget, you may want to steer clear of the bottom of the barrel estimates, as these may end up costing you WAY more in the long run (both in terms of having to pay to fix poorly done jobs and in your frustration and added stress).
6 – Processes/Products Used
Another key thing to look at when choosing a bathtub and tile refinisher is the types of processes and products they use. While these can vary depending on the specific type of service you need, you will generally want to select a refinisher who:
- Will not use general store paint or any epoxy on your home’s surfaces
- Has an accepted method for refinishing your tub/countertop/tile
- Can get the job done within a reasonable timeframe – For instance, an experienced refinisher who is using appropriate products and modern methods can finish a bathtub refinishing in 3 to 4 hours (after which the tub has to be left alone for 24 hours). If a refinisher is quoting a lot longer to do this job, beware, as this is professional is probably not experienced or reliable enough to do the job right.
Contact Colorado Tub Repair Today for a Free Estimate
For experienced, professional service repairing and/or refinishing the bathtubs, countertops and tile in your home, contact Colorado Tub Repair today by calling (303) 908-8764. You can also email us using the contact form located here. We provide free estimates, competitive rates and the highest quality services.