The holiday season is upon us. For many people, this means that it’s time to get presents for loved ones. For others, it may also mean that now is the time to start preparing their home for guests who will be visiting (or staying with) them at Christmas time.
If you are among those who will be welcoming holiday guests in your home this year, one the essential places that will have to be prepped will be the bathroom.
To help you get your bathroom ready, here are some essential bathroom beautification tips from hotel industry professionals.
How to Prep Your Bathroom for Holiday Visitors
- Start with cleaning – As simple and obvious as it sounds, thoroughly cleaning your bathroom is one of the best first steps to take when you are getting ready to welcome houseguests. A good cleaning should include scrubbing places that may not get cleaned in your day-to-day (or weekly) cleaning sessions, such as the tile grout, around the base of the tub/toilet and around lighting fixtures. Getting these commonly overlooked spots can significantly brighten up a bathroom.
- Update the lighting – If it’s been a while since you have replaced the light bulbs in your bathroom, now is the time to do so. And while doing this, consider getting different types of bulbs (or maybe even new lighting fixtures) to spruce up the look and feel of your bathroom.
- Get new linens – While this can simply be a new set of towels (bath and/or hand towels) for your guests, you can also take this a step further and replace the mat outside of your tub and/or around your toilet. If you really want to welcome your guests with luxury, you could also provide plush new bathrobes for them.
- Add some luxurious travel toiletries – Get some nice, travel-sized shampoo, soap and other toiletries to provide a hotel-esque welcoming experience. If you want to take this offering a step further, you could even customize these soaps/toiletries.
- Don’t forget the personal touches – Think about who your guests are and what else may enhance their comfort in your bathroom. For instance, if you will have elderly loved ones staying with you, installing a temporary grip to assist them in entering/getting out of the shower can be helpful. Or, if you will have younger guests, add a few festive bath toys (or travel bubble bath) to the bathroom. These personalized touches can warm your guests hearts as they see you have taken care to make them feel as welcome as possible.
Not Enough? Consider Refinishing the Tile and/or Tub in Your Bathroom
If the above tips are not sufficient to prepare your bathroom for guests, it may be time to refinish the tile and/or bathtub in your bathroom. Refinishing these elements can make them appear new for a fraction of the cost of replacement. And the process can be done within days so that you have minimal disruptions in your home as you prepare for the holidays.