When you are ready to refinish the tubs and/or tile in your homes, the professionals you choose to hire can make all of the difference in the cost and outcome of the project. In fact, if you end up choosing the wrong refinishing company, you could end up spending a lot more money on a poor-quality job – and you may even need to hire other professionals to fix the damage done by the wrong refinishers.
To help you avoid this costly mistake, below are some tips for picking the right tile and bathtub refinishing company when you are ready to update the look and life of your tub, tile, countertops, etc. To pick the best refinisher for the job, look for refinishing professionals with:
- Experience – Start your search by looking for pros who have years of experience doing the refinishing projects you are planning. Fly-by-night refinishers can use cheap products, as well as unconventional (and possibly damaging) methods – and that can end up meaning a low-quality refinish. It may even mean that you need to refinish or replace your tub earlier than you would have had to if you had hired experienced professionals for the job.
- Positive customer reviews – Experience with refinishing is just one aspect to look for in refinishing companies. Another is the quality of the customer service and experience they provide, and that can usually be discovered by checking out reviews from former clients. As you search through reviews, try to take your search beyond just a company’s website (where likely only the positive reviews will be featured).
- Proof of their good work – In other words, look for before and after pictures that display the final products and final work done by a given company. If a company doesn’t have these available on its website, ask for some. Reputable, established, experienced refinishers should have these readily available for prospective clients.
- Transparency – Here, we are referring to transparency not only in the processes and products a company uses but also in the prices it charges and the project schedules. Framed in another way, it’s usually smart to avoid companies that cannot provide clear answers about the nature of the work they will do, the types of products they will be using to complete that work and the way they will be charging you for the work completed.
Looking for the Best Refinishers in Colorado? Contact Colorado Tub Repair
When you want your tile, countertop or tub refinishing project to go as smoothly as possible – and to be completed quickly and cost effectively, contact the professionals at Colorado Tub Repair by calling (303) 908-8764 or by sending us an email by clicking here.
When you contact us, we will provide you with a free quote, as well as honest answers about our services and processes.
Remodeling projects can update the appearance of homes while possibly increasing their value. When time and money are limiting factors in getting the remodel project done, however, starting out with the right plan can be the key to completing the remodel on time and your budget.
For those who are preparing to remodel one or more of their bathrooms, here are some essential tips that can save you time and money as you work on getting the project done:
- Have a clear deadline – Figure out the date on which your remodel has to be finished. Do you have a baby on the way or guests arriving at some point? Or does is the bathroom remodel part of a larger home remodel project? Whatever your deadline ends up being will be important to determining how much work can realistically be completed within that time frame – and whether you may be able to do more (or less) of it yourself.
- Pro tip – Set your deadline a little bit earlier than your projected date of completion to give yourself some wiggle room in case something unexpected arises. For instance, if you want your remodel done in 8 weeks, set your deadline for 7 weeks to give yourself an extra week to spill into if necessary.
- Create a plan for exactly what the remodel will entail – How extensive do you want your remodel to be? Will you be changing the layout of the bathroom? Or just be updating the major features? Writing out a detailed list of all of the elements of your remodel plans is important to understanding the scope of your project and creating an action plan for tackling them.
- Pro Tip – Walk through your bathroom when doing this, as it can help you identify all of the aspects you want to include in your project.
- Set your budget – Knowing your deadline and the details of the remodel plan, you can now calculate a realistic budget for the remodel.
- Pro Tip – Like the schedule, add some wiggle room into the budget so you are prepared in case any unexpected costs arise.
- Figure out what you can do yourself versus what you may need to hire professionals to do – Depending on the scope of your remodel plans, you may need to hire professionals to take care of some updates, like refinishing your bathtub or repairing your bathroom tile. Taking the time to identify which aspects of your remodel need to be done by pros before you get started can help you avoid costly pitfalls – such as attempting to take on a complicated update yourself and possibly causing more damage in the process.
- Pro Tip – Once you know what you need pros for, shop around for the best quotes. Going to trade shows (like Home & Garden shows) can be an easy way to get at least a few quotes quickly.
- Don’t forget about the little things – With remodel projects, it can be easy to focus on the big aspects of the project, such as an unsightly bathtub or drab wall covers. Don’t forget, though, that the little things – like lighting fixtures and outlet covers – can really make a difference as well, so be sure to include them in your update plans.
- Pro Tip – Update the little features last, after more major updates – like tub, tile and wall repairs/updates – have been finished. In other words, make the little updates your finishing touches.
We Can Save You Money on Your Bathroom Remodel – Contact Colorado Tub Repair Today
Let us help you with your bathroom and/or kitchen remodeling plans. In addition to providing bathtub refinishing services, we also offer tile refinishing and repair, countertop refinishing, and much more at highly competitive prices.
Adding a grab bar to your bathtub and/or shower can make it easier – and safer – to get into and out of the tub and to balance while bathing. While you can have a professional install one of these bars for you, it’s also possible to install them yourself.
Here’s a simple guide to help those DIYers:
- Choose the spot for the grab bar. This should, ideally, be at least 30 inches above the floor and on an adjoining wall that is hollow (and not tiled).
- Pro tip: Take note of the length of the grab bar as you are selecting a spot. This can facilitate the measuring process (and it may limit your choice in locations, depending on your current setup/décor).
- Use a pencil to mark out the location, and use a level to ensure the marks are placed appropriately.
- Drill the pilot holes. Then drill the bore holes, where the hollow wall fasteners will fit.
- Pro tip: For the pilot holes, use a 3/16-in. carbide-tip bit. For the bore holes, use a 1 ¼ in. carbide-tip hole saw.
- Remove the paper from the adhesive on the wall fasteners, and press the fasteners into the holes.
- Turn the screw to the left to release the grab fingers, then tighten the screws into the fasteners.
- Mount the grab bar on top of the fasteners.
- Screw in the mounting screws, and cover them with the concealing parts (i.e., escutcheons).
Want to Make Your Tub Even Safer?
If so, consider adding a walk-in conversion that will prevent the need to have to step over the side of the tub. This can be a wonderful feature for:
- The elderly
- Anyone with balance and/or mobility impairments.
Contact Colorado Tub Repair Today for a Free Quote
Are you ready to enhance the safety of your bathroom via a walk-in conversion? Or do you want to refresh the look & life of your tub by refinishing it? If so, contact us for a free quote by calling (303) 908-8764 or by clicking here. You can also email us using the contact form located here.